Dhek Bhal's Values
Dhek Bhal believes that everyone in the South Asian Community:
- has rights and responsibilities and is entitled to dignity and respect.
- has the right to quality services to meet individual needs.
- has the right to opportunities which will promote individual development.
- has the right to information.
- has the right to make choices.
- should be able to contribute to the development of services directly or through a representative, family member or advocate.
Dhek Bhal's Aims and Objectives
These are to provide a range of quality services including :
- Respite services for Carers of South Asian elders (disabled and able bodied) through a Sitting Service.
- A Daycentre service for frail and disabled elderly women and men.
- An Outreach Support Scheme for housebound and frail disabled elders, and their Carers.
- A Carer Support Group for both male and female Carers to address their social, health, educational and training needs.
- Work to develop new projects and services, either as an organisation or in partnership with others.
- Manage our operations including fundraising and finance in the most effective manner.